*No K-12 trip dates available for the month of June*
We are currently accepting reservation requests. We ask that all groups be diligent with COVID-19 precautions when visiting NCBS or SKML, and follow the below guidelines for your safety and the safety of our faculty, staff, and students:
- If you are sick - stay home and self-quarantine.
- Per the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, everyone is expected to wear a mask at all times when inside any UF facility, even if they are vaccinated. This includes our students, faculty, staff, vendors, and visitors. Studies and guidance from the CDC state that both unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals can transmit the current COVID-19 variant to unvaccinated persons.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When handwashing is not accessible, you can find hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes available in various locations at NCBS and SKML.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes or coughing/sneezing into your elbow/upper sleeve.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) and practice physical distancing with coworkers and the public.
- Recognize personal risk factors for those that are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
- Overnight stays for internal and external visitors will need to submit a COVID-19 Protocol with the reservation request.
Please keep in mind that all reservations are subject to change due to Covid-19 exposure, or inclement weather.
K-12 Programming is only available 4 days per month and is first-come-first-serve basis.
Field-based Learning for K-12 Students
Our motto is conservation through education. Register your K-12 group for immersion in field lab experiences that use sound science to explore and explain watersheds, estuarine and marine ecology, and the organisms that call the Nature Coast home.
The absolute cost per program is dependent on the number of program participants and specific program parameters. That cost will be communicated when requesting to register for a program. Scroll down for the request form.
Plan your visit to the Nature Coast Biological Station! The activities below are included in each K-3rd trip.
Choose your field experience:
K-12 Reservation Form
The absolute cost per program is dependent on the number of program participants and specific program parameters. That cost will be communicated when requesting to register for a program.
Once your trip has been scheduled - For Grades 4-12th, both forms below should be completed and provided to the boat captain before departure to Seahorse Key Marine Lab.
For K-3rd Grades - Only the Participant Agreement is required.
Please have a completed Participant Agreement for each attendee in the group:
Please complete one boat roster for the entire group: