DIVERSE PROGRAMS FOR A DIVERSE COMMUNITY
LIVING SHORELINES FOR THE GATOR GOOD
NCBS EXTENSION PROGRAMS
The Coastal Ecosystems Extension program is led by Dr. Savanna Barry. She began serving the Nature Coast as a Regional Specialized Agent with Florida Sea Grant and UF/IFAS Extension in February 2016 and graduated with her doctorate in April 2016. She lives in Cedar Key and is stationed full-time at the Nature Coast Biological Station.
Leslie Sturmer leads our shellfish extension program. She provides extension support concerning aquaculture to the molluscan shellfish industry sectors in Florida. Audience groups include marine shellfish culturists, commercial shellfishers, state/federal marine resource regulators, shellfish dealers, and the interested general public.
COASTAL ECOSYSTEMS EXTENSION PROGRAMS
Nature Coast Currents Webinars
- This free webinar series documents research happening along Florida’s Nature Coast in an approachable way. Learn more and register for programs here.
Scalloping in the Nature Coast
- Find out how you can help protect bay scallops, one of our region’s most unique and important fisheries.
Be Seagrass Safe
- Learn more about seagrass communities, their countless ecosystem services, and how to protect them from physical damage.
- Seagrasses support almost everything we value about the Nature Coast, learn how you can support seagrass while boating.
Florida Friendly Fishing Guide
- Book a fishing trip with an eco-minded fishing guide or become a certified guide through this certification program.
Florida Friendly Angler
- Learn how you can up your game as an angler and protect Florida’s fishing future at the same time.
Big Bend Shellfish Trail
- Follow this culinary and educational trail to learn more about the shellfish fisheries and associated maritime heritage that make the Big Bend coast a special place.