Seahorse Key Marine Lab
About the Service
Seahorse Key Marine Lab is used by a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses at UF, Santa Fe College, and other visiting institutions. We offer day trips as well as overnight stays by request.
The historic lighthouse is used as a dormitory and accommodates 26 people in 6 bedrooms. Bedrooms contain bunk beds with mattresses.
- One kitchen with a gas stove
- Two refrigerators and freezers
- Sinks, pots, pans, cutlery, china, hot water, tables, chairs and storage
- Two full bathrooms with hot water showers
- All rooms have electric outlets, lights and fans
- Limited heat and no air-conditioning
Internal and external groups can visit Seahorse Key Marine Lab for a day trip to run field activities or outdoor class experiences.
If you would like a captained day trip without use of SKML, please fill out the request below and let us know the area of interest in the comment box at the end of the form.
- Round trip transportation to Seahorse Key Marine Lab
- Use of Lab and observation tables
- Access to Wifi
Book Your TIME AT SKML
Other Required Forms
- One per trip
- List all attendees on the day of the trip
- Provide to Captain on day of trip
- One per attendee (including teacher/chaperone)
- Provide in advance, or on the day of the trip